Update: November 24, 2006
The BLOCK PARTY 2006 …an MFM Joint MFM’s “MONSTER” SCHOOLYARD RAILJAM
Presented by THE BLOCK HOTEL & BOOST MOBILE Event hosted by Sierra-at-Tahoe Resort & Snow Park Technologies
Contest facilities hosted by MONSTER ENERGY DRINK
December 8th 9th and 10th South Lake Tahoe, CA
We proudly announce out RIDER LIST, EVENT ITINERAY, AND PROUD SPONSORS
For immediate release:
Contact: Kevin Kearns, Vice President, Operations & Branding
November 21st, 2006, S. Lake Tahoe, CA - THE BLOCK '06 Rider confirmations are in for the VIP Snowboarders selected to compete at THE BLOCK Party 2006.
Confirmed Riders: MFM, Joey Sexton, Scotty Arnold, Jed Anderson, Chad Otterstrom, Lucas Magoon, TJ Schneider, Eddie Wall, Cory Cronk, Aaron Bittner, Justin Bennee, Mike Casanova, Max Legendre, Mason Aguirre, Bode Merril, Eric Christenson, Ricky Tucker, Derrick Dennison, Jonas Michilot, Adam Dowell, Loren Richardson, Zack Hale, Stevie Bell, Mike Burton, Eric Jackson, John Jackson, Sammy Luebke and more!
Weekend Itinerary: BLOCK PARTY ON SNOW INTINERARY- SIERRA-AT-TAHOE
- 5-8 p.m. guests arrive at THE BLOCK at Tahoe
- Welcome reception at THE BLOCK HOTEL
- Guests enjoy latin-styled party with carne asada/ blended margaritas/ cold beer and DJ entertainment & lounge area
- Specialty prizes on display for riders (i.e. cash, KICKER car audio system, DUB 20” wheels, Westsyde truck n Rod lift kit, Yakima rack boxes, etc
- 5-8 pm Rider registration tent on site and ticket /credential issue / sign waivers
- Unique sponsors have tent presence, green carpet reception to welcome riders, media, and guests. Riders/ Media enjoy unique gift bags and VIP treatment at their rooms (/ welcome card / weekend itinerary)
- Welcome reception until 8 pm at THE BLOCK HOTEL
- 10pm - 12:30 pm Welcome party at Bill’s Casino hosted by Nitro Snowboards featuring THE Jagerettes and drink specials from Jagermeister (21 and up, open to public)
- Branded Blackjack tables/ waitresses in sponsor tees are graciously treating the snowboarders to a casino night of VIP treatment
- Live sponsored entertainment with DJ MYG and KABLE ROC from the PDX and drink specials
- 12:30 p.m. fight club - We don’t speak about Fight Club
- (Oversized gloves and a friendly boxing match with two one-minute rounds couldn’t hurt that bad right?)
- 12:30 pm -? Welcome Party moves Vex Nightclub inside Harrah’s with VIP booths & bottle service for Media, Riders, and VIP sponsors (21 and up)
DECEMBER 9th -SIERRA AT TAHOE – MFM’s MONSTER SCHOOLYARD RAILJAM
*The contest will be filmed for television, reaching approximately 60 million viewers
- 7:30 -9:00 Sponsor set up tents, Jumbotron in base area
- 9:00 -10:00 Sierra prepares course for comp, banners fence, etc.
- 10:00-11:30 Rider practice on Schoolyard rail jam
- 12:00 -12:15 Rider meeting go over format RIDER judging, etc.
- 12:30 -1:00 Live Entertainment set on snow opens up MONSTER Schoolyard Rail Jam
- 1:00-2:30 MONSTER SCHOOLYARD RAILJAM Competition
- 2:45 -3:00 Rider ballots issued
- 3:00-3:30 Entertainment continues -Award ceremony at on snow staging area
- 3:30-4:00 Last Set of entertainment
- 4:30 Sponsor Area breakdown
- MC’s & DJ’s spin the latest in Underground Hip Hop
- Special performance after event by mystery Hip Hop DJ and MC crew
- 9:00 -? Schoolyard RAILJAM area open to credentialed riders for private photo shoots
- 12:00 “Hair of the Dog” Recovery BBQ at THE BLOCK with Burgers, and Beverages
THE BLOCK HOTEL’S would like to extend its thanks to all of our esteemed partners for stepping up to support THE BLOCK PARTY 2006 -an MFM joint to make this event the only 100% rider produced event of its kind! Make sure you come out to SIERRA-at-TAHOE Dec. 9th to support. Hook up tons of free product at on our snow stage area Saturday Dec. 9th, 2006 at Sierra-at-Tahoe:
- Limited edition signed, Complete Nitro MFM setup Board, Boots, Bindings, headphones,
- Monster Energy Drinks,
- Free SNOWBOARD Magazines
- Limited edition BLOCK PARTY tee shirts
- Limited edition BLOCK PARTY mix tape (1st 1000 heads)
- Skullcandy headphones
- SPY goggles
- Tech Nine Bindings
- Section Brand Outerwear
- Bord’z up snowboard racks
- ALLY Snowboard videos
SPECIAL ROOM RATE AVAILABLE AT MONTBLEU CASINO & RESORT
THE BLOCK HOTEL is full with Athletes, Media, and VIP SPONSORS for the weekend!
But, we still have you hooked up!
As we approach THE BLOCK PARTY 2006.
We have arranged a special room rate for attendees that plan to come to the BLOCK PARTY and support the efforts.
Our partner THE MONTBLEU RESORT & CASINO has extended a gracious room rate of $109.00 per night for attendees mentioning this promo code. (Normal rate this time is over $200)
Reservations @ MONBTBLEU CASINO & RESORT
Toll Free: 1-888-829-7630
Just give them a call, and tell them your coming up to the BLOCK PARTY 2006 and what dates you need rooms for.
Support Snowboarding and the Lifestyle, Join us for THE BLOCK PARTY 2006…an MFM joint!
Media Contact: Gary Hansen email@example.com 562 331 2249
Mr. Hansen was selected as THE BLOCK PARTY 2006 event coordinator after a nationwide search and a 3-day competition filmed in S. Lake Tahoe by the G4 network for THE BLOCK show airing on January 15.
"MFM has delivered once again; an incredible list of riders," says Liko Smith, Managing Owner of THE BLOCK Hotels..."Now the only question is, which of the 30 riders will be victorious?” All riders at THE BLOCK party are going to be treated like kings. "From the minute they arrive at the hotel, until they finally manage to stumble back to their cars, planes or buses...this is going to set a new standard as it does each year, A blowout to end all blowouts!" Smith finishes. All proceeds from THE BLOCK Party are used for the event and the remainder is paid to contest winners.
THE BLOCK Hotels are "The World's First Snowboarder Hotels," created by Professional Snowboarder Marc Frank Montoya and Las Vegas Hotelier Liko S. Smith. The Group owns THE BLOCK at Tahoe in South Lake Tahoe, CA and THE BLOCK at Big Bear in Big Bear Lake, CA. The hotels have been featured on MTV, Fuel, The Learning Channel, CNN, and countless magazines including articles in Penthouse (November 2005 Issue), YRB Magazine (November 2005), and VIBE (December 2005 Issue), as well as being featured in Inc. Magazine as one of the trends to watch for 2005.
The hotels feature the most inventive rooms in the hotel industry, "Signature Suites" by companies such as DVS Shoe Co, Transworld Snowboarding Magazine, Jones Soda Co, Zoo York, SPY Optic, Napster, Nikita clothing, Bear Mountain Resort, Boost Mobile, Vestal Watches and others. There is also a "Liberty Lounge" by Liberty Board Shop of Southern California in Big Bear and the NJB Lounge in Lake Tahoe by NJB Clothing. Poker rooms exist at both hotels created by Delta 9 and Season Five clothing companies respectively.
All guests receive free energy drinks, energy bars, Pabst Blue Ribbon (21+), popcorn, DVD movies, and PS2 games, as well as free wi-fi access and board waxing in a personal waxing room created by BLUEBIRD Wax. All rooms come equipped with Gravity Suspension Racks, PS2 game consoles, boot/glove dryers, cordless phones and ipod compatible mini boom boxes and 56" Widescreen HD Televisions (Big Bear), as well as original wall art photography by Burton Principal Photographer Dean "Blotto" Gray, Technine Photographer Ethan Fortier, and Snowboard Industry Photographer Andy Wright.
More information can be obtained at www.theblockhotels.com.
Investors include Professional Snowboarders Travis Parker, Mikey LeBlanc, Joni Malmi, Jussi Oksanen, JJ Thomas, Kurt Wastell, Chris Coulter, and Devun Walsh and professional skateboarder Rob Dyrdek, as well as other industry veterans such as Dean "Blotto' Gray, Ethan Fortier, Travis Wood, Stan Yu, Carter Katz, Brock Heckman, Scott Heckman, Doug Harley and Andy Wright.
THE BLOCK: a Snowboard Hotel chain created "For Snowboarders, By Snowboarders."
Smith and Montoya plan to open 20 locations within the next 5 to 7 years.
# # #
# # #